Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Weak in the knees

It never fails that it takes a crisis to suddenly step up your prayer life. I'm a person who believes whole hearted in the power of prayer. I have huge faith in God doing the impossible. I've seen too many miracles, and felt His presence too close to deny His sovereignty and love. I serve such an awesome God.

This past week I have cried more intercessory tears than I thought imaginable. I have sensed His peace and His holiness each time I've devoted any amount of time to speaking with Him. Why I don't spend this much time in prayer on a regular basis is beyond reasoning or excuse. This busy-ness of life thing, is selling us all short.

His Word says to draw near to God and he will draw near to you. The thing is...His nearness is making me weak in the knees. Literally when I go to stand up, I am worried my legs will give out underneath me! My knees are weak because I'm so dependent on Him for strength. Weak because He is so worthy and I am so not. Weak because I'm in love with, the One who first loved me. Weak because when I am weakest...He is strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment