Friday, September 4, 2009

Fall Vision Casting Afterthoughts

So it was the morning after the big fall kick off training for our children's ministries. A total of 15 people out of about eighty had shown up despite promoting the date prior to summer starting. Being the pragmatic and dramatic that I am, I went to a few hasty yet untrue conclusions, including: 'maybe people aren't on board' and 'it's geographics.. people just won't come out to mid-week meeting when they live 20 minutes from the church'. None of that pity-partying or reasoning really matters now. I'm reminded in my heart that Jesus only shared His vision with twelve people, and look where it went-everywhere!

My heart is so full of rich thoughts of all God wants to share about why and how we do children's ministry. I am by no means an expert. In no way do I have it all figured out. That's what makes it all so real, because I too am being shaped by the impressions of God's heart and the importance of doing what we do 'beyond expectation'. He has kept my dreams, and nursed my disappointments, and yet He so lovingly still dares to entrust me every once in a while with His plans and purposes. All I can do at this point is simply obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment