Friday, September 4, 2009

Trapped in Chapters....in the Kids Section Again!

Okay, so this has to be a quick one.
I just spent what was suppose to be 10 minutes in Chapters, and it turned into at least 40! I started leafing through a few children's books in the kids section , and then I had to open another. And another. Then another. I LOVE CHILDREN'S BOOKS!
What is it about a story that you can read in six minutes, that's beautifully illustrated, and often rhymes? I can't get enough of them. If there was any store I would love to be trapped in, it would have to be Chapters, and it better be in the kids section. That's all I'm saying.

Now that I'm back at my computer, I couldn't help but think about why we are drawn to short stories. It's not that surprising that Jesus spent most of His public speaking time, telling short stories, a.k.a Parables. I think if Jesus were here today (you know what I'm saying), and He was asked to publish His stories...He would probably choose to write some children's stories. A few great paragraphs that paint a dynamic picture and then leave you with a thought that's life changing. After all, He also said we are to be like little children...so kids books would be great!

He would probably have the best pictures too.

That's all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment