Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Welcome to my blog.

From the time I was a little girl, I knew God had a good plan for my life. I gave my heart to Jesus when I was seven, learned to serve in the church as a teenager, and went off to bible college as a young adult ready to do or be whatever God wanted me to be. Not too surprisingly, I was placed in a role in children's ministry. An area I knew well, and a place I know holds a special priority in the heart of Christ. It has been almost ten years now since I started 'professional' ministry. There have already been some major highs, and a few lows along the way. I realize now more than ever that there is a heart song that rings through my soul and it was written by a Saviour. It's to Him I owe everything I am, and will ever do or be.

When I was a teenager, a friend signed a letter she wrote me, and quoted Jeremiah 29:11 at the bottom. It read: "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." That has become my life theme verse, and the anchor I go back to time and time again. He has never failed me. I have always held His hope in my heart, and the future....it can't look any brighter.

Thanks for checking out my blog. I have no idea why I'm writing a blog, except it just feels right at this stage of my life...so I'm going to try it.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment